Monday, June 25, 2012

Installing Dynomat for noise reduction



After discussing it with my son, Markus, we purchased a case of Dynomat soundproofing material. I've installed it on each side of the car including front side cowl, doors and rear side panels. I've also installed some on the rumbleseat floor.

Studies show that only a 25% area needs to be covered to significantly reduce noise. One side is covered with an aluminum shield for heat reduction while the opposite side is covered with a tar like substance that adheres to all sorts of surfaces. Easy to install!

We'll see how well it works but it already sounds better just sitting in the garage. lol

1 comment:

  1. I found a problem using Dyna-Mat on the floor board of the rumble seat...the tar seeps onto anything placed on the floor and then transfers onto seat upholstery, etc. Not Good! I've got to get a place mat down ASAP!

    ReplyDelete